Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Taco Lasagna (Easy Style)



I know you thought for a second this would be a Mexican Salad Tutorial. Don't worry it's coming!  But for now I share with you our Mexican Monday meal, Taco Lasagna!  This meal was quick, easy and yummy good!  Thanks to Old El Paso and Taco Bell for giving me the basis for my great idea.  Have you ever had a crunch wrap supreme from Taco Bell? By far my favorite Taco Bell offering! Well this is my semi homemade rendition of that using a kit and some other add ins.

First you need a few things:
Old El Paso Soft Taco Bake Dinner Kit
1lb Ground Beef or Turkey (I use Turkey)
Shredded Cheese (Mexican Mix, Colby Jack or Cheddar)
Tortilla Chips (I used bite sized but I think Restaurant Style would be best)
Sour Cream
Tomato 
Lettuce
**If you don't want to or can't find the kit you can buy flour tortillas, taco seasoning and a jar of queso cheese sauce separately.


Follow the instructions per the box on making the taco meat mixture. Once that is made start layering in your baking dish (9x9) with a flour tortilla. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the tortilla until you have a nice layer of cheese. Then take a few Tortilla Chips and position them on top of the cheese making a layer one chip thick. Once your chip layer is on add some of your meat mixture (about 1/4 of the mixture).


Next, you want to "butter" the back of your next flour tortilla with sour cream. Just enough to make a thin layer across.


Lay this sour cream side down on the meat mixture.  Repeat this process until you get to the last flour tortilla. Use remaining meat mixture on the top flour tortilla. Once you have the meat on open your packet of squeeze cheese (or queso cheese if you aren't using the kit) and spread around the top.


Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Once you take it out of the oven let it stand for a few minutes while you chop up some tomato and lettuce. Sprinkle on top and serve!  

I really enjoyed this dish because I like both the hard and the soft shell taco. It makes enough to feed my family and because it is not too spicy the kids will eat it too.  Someday I may even get a little crazy and try it with Doritos inside! 




No comments:

Post a Comment